Help Support Home Distilling by donating using the link above.
  1. We need your help! If we enjoy Home Distilling please consider making a small donation, anything helps! Click here to Donate to Home Distilling today! $5, $10, anything helps!

Other Hobbies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Admin, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Anyone have any non obvious hobbies? Twisting balloon animals? Anything like that.

I need to find something I can perfect 5 minutes at a time and video games aren't cutting it.

2. hunter_la5

hunter_la5 Member

1. Procrasturbating
    2. Drinking
    3. Whistling Dixie
    4. ???
    5. Feng Shui and the Art of Leaving My Sh!t Scattered All Over the House
    6. Making my fiance think the television is possessed with a secret remote
    7. Sending weird things to businesses in those prepaid Business Reply Mail envelopes
    8. Dartchery

3. hunter_la5

hunter_la5 Member

Oh, and don't forget your Brewrotica.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I've been working on my Brewotica. It's getting weird and my children have asked I stop.

5. Frodo

Frodo old fart

try tie ing paracord, your kids will love it

Attached Files:

6. Frodo

Frodo old fart

never mind...........

7. Frodo

Frodo old fart

opening day
    6.5x55 caliber, 120 grain ballistic tip
    around 150 yards

20151204_151401.jpg

first 2 pictures on opening day, a week later the third pic
    freezer is full.

Attached Files:

8. neelstha

neelstha New Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  9. Justin at HBS

Justin at HBS New Member

does drinking shine count as a separate hobby does it fall under the umbrella of home distilling?

10. Justin at HBS

Justin at HBS New Member

oh and happy memorial day, hopefully come Tuesday I will remember it ;)

11. Turbo

Turbo New Member

Does working far too many hours count as a hobby? I don't really enjoy it but its what I spend most of my time doing.

Other than the obvious. Spending time with my beautiful bride and our kids. Taking naps with my grandson. Growing peppers. And getting on my bike every chance I get.

12. Angie

Angie Administrator

Many do the "working too many hours", and more wish to do "taking naps with my grandson". Are the peppers hot peppers, or more like bell peppers?

Turbo likes this.
  13. Turbo

Turbo New Member

Like jalapeno, habenaro, ghost and Carolina reapers. I do have a couple sweet pepper plants. But those are for the wife and kids. And a couple watermelon plants. Though those are for the wife's wine.

Im at 64 hours this week so far. Today is my Friday though. So only 16 more hours and I get two days off. But I get to spend most of that time replacing break lines on my daughter's truck.

14. Angie

Angie Administrator

Oh, my Dad use to do the brake jobs on my cars, many years ago. I remember him saving me $400 by rebuilding caliburs on one car.

And ghost peppers? You are much more brave than I am. I've heard of those being horribly hot. I only do green peppers and sometimes banana peppers.

15. macgyver5154

macgyver5154 New Member

in addition to recently taking up distilling, making wine from prickly pear cactus, plums, jalapenos, and apricots, I reload most pistol calibers, a few rifle calibers, trout fish, work on my 69 Jeepster, prospect for gold, and in my spare time restore antique tube type radios.

16. Angie

Angie Administrator

Hi macgyver5154, you have an interesting collection of hobbies and interests. The tube radios remind me of my Dad and his KW amplifier using 833 tubes for his ham radio station. Also, the sounds from a tube radio have a mellower sound than transistors.

Have you found much gold in your prospecting, or at least enough to cover costs?